Vancouver BC Storm Warning
With the change in seasons comes change in weather patterns, bringing strong winds and heavy rains to the South Coast.
What to Do Before a Storm
Winterizing your home before the Fall storms strike is always a comforting exercise. For example:
- Putting away objects that can cause damage by being whipped around in strong winds;
- Cleaning out gutters to ensure that any leaves, sticks, and other debris are washed away by heavy rains; clogged gutters could back up and damage your soffit, fascia, roofing, and even attic space (not to mention that water damage could damage the foundation of your home — a costly problem to fix);
- Checking the siding and trim around your windows; and, most importantly,
- Inspecting your roofing, watching for any signs of concern before the inevitable series of winter storms rolls through.
What to Do After a Storm
After a weather event, if you don’t notice any obvious damage (i.e. a fallen tree in your backyard, water dripping, or stains on your ceiling) it’s still a good idea to do a walk-around inspection of the exterior of your house to check for damage.
- From the ground, you can do a visual inspection of the roof, looking for any damaged or missing shingles.
- If there are trees around the perimeter, look for branches on the roof which may have caused punctures through the roofing or siding.
- If you notice pieces of your shingles on the ground, your roof is going to be susceptible to leakage.
- If you are not able to easily see areas of your roof, or you have any concerns, call an industry professional who can properly do a full inspection and provide you with an estimate if there is repair work required.
Learn more about our Roof Repair Services, or contact us for a Free Quote: simply click to call 604-533-8322 from your mobile phone, or submit the Contact Form below.